After my first nomination I kinda got a bit relaxed, I won’t lie. There was this tension initially as i wasn’t quite sure if I was killing it (blogging)… not with the 1million and counting blogs that exist. Where do I even belong in the grand scheme of things ? I am still not sure with every time I have to hit publish, but I still do it anyway. And these virtual awards and recognitions, they should keep coming…if not for anything they make a good filler post…for when you have nothing ready yet, plus it’s a great way to show support for one another in the blogosphere.
Thank you Ihuoma of Oma’s Serendipity for this recognition. Please help me show her support by just going over to her page. You really don’t have to finish reading this post…lol
1. You have to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
2. You have to write a post to show your award;
3. Give a brief story of how you started your blog;
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
5. Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to; and
6. Comment on the blogs of these 15 bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
I started this blog just like that *snaps finger * . No. Really, I started just like that. I have always wanted a blog just because I had things to say that I needed to capture in writing and if possible share with the world. I wanted to connect with more people. I have been visiting several blogs and I thought it was cool what they did with there space. I researched over and over again on how to start a blog, I saw words like word press, bloggers blue host, domain name …first impressions…it was a bit to techy, I can’t do this by myself and that’s how I kept shoving it aside.
Fast forward to December 2016, after a grueling year, nerve racking 4 months of my life (med school and mommy duties), I decided it was time. From a place of gratitude to God, uncertainty about what will come next but most importantly an understanding of, how much more I can do if I set my mind to it, this little space was born. After following tips from blogging 101 I created my own blog. And within 24hours with the help of Almighty Google of course; domain name, logo, theme, customization was done and first post was up. Just like that! You see..
- Let purpose guide you – Sometimes you feel like you are not doing enough and this pressure to perform will always be there. A lot of times you will just like me second guess yourself. Other times you might not feel up to posting anything (because you think the content is not good enough) let alone promoting it, but you need to be motivated to keep doing it and even if you don’t get the results you want, the only thing that gets you back on track is the why – thats your blog’s purpose. If you stay true to your purpose for this space you will be just fine. It may not be there yet but focus on progress and not perfection. In time you will be proud of how well you have unbelievably grown. By the way, you may never get there, there is nothing like perfect. Perfection is a journey. A journey to infinity, driven by yesterday’s success and fueled by todays dedication.
- Google is your Best friend – What ever it is you have a problem with, chances are other people have had same/similar problems and have been able to solve it and have gone ahead to share with everyone. I created what i have now with the help of google and I believe you too can do better. It doesn’t have to be the most perfect blog, all you need is a place to start and continue to find solutions to the problems you encounter along the way, to improve. There are so many tips and tricks to improve you blog, increase traffic etc…some times they come at some sort of cost but you can always get by. Blogging doesn’t have to cost you if you are not ready for it. When people get too busy for you and money seems to get in the way, based on logistics, Google has got you covered.
I nominate and encourage you to visit:
This post is really long overdue but i was overthinking what advice i would give. But i hope this helps someone.
I having been slightly MIA because i have been in transit and i am not quite settled. Thanks for all the love on the last post. I hope to get back in action soon enough ♥
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. – Ecc 9:11